Ever since he had to work from home due to the circuit-breaker introduced in April because of the Covid-19 pandemic, 49-year-old Mr Ross Lee has been taking over the cooking duties the kitchen. “My work schedule is more flexible than my wife who is a teacher, so I decided to be Master Chef, although there were occasions when I was more like a Disaster Chef!” he says.
Preferring to shop online for his groceries, Mr Lee orders whatever he needs from sgwetmarket.com.sg as it offers halal fresh meat. “Working from home means I’m on my iMac most of the time, so I’ll just order during lunchtime and get the items the next day. It saves me time from going to the neighbourhood market, especially now with long queues due to the crowd control measures,” he adds.
And what are his ‘signature’ dishes? Just two: chicken soup and fried rice with sliced sausages. “I don’t enjoy cooking but since I’m at home, I’ll do it anyway. Fortunately, my wife and children are not fussy eaters – even rice and omelette are okay,” he shares. When told about sgwetmarket’s (SGW) upcoming Facebook contest on cooking grouper, Mr Lee laughed and said, “That’s beyond my culinary skills! I’ll ask my wife to take part as she’s still the expert.”
The first prize is a 3kg Red Grouper worth $118 plus a $50 SGW e-voucher. 20 other lucky winners will each receive a $10 SGW e-voucher. To take part in the contest:
- Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/SGWetMarket.com.sg/
- Like & Share the post on the contest
- Describe how you would cook grouper. For example: I’ll coat the grouper fillets with flour and seasonings, and fry till they’re golden brown.
- Tag your family members and friends who will be savouring the dish
- All entries must be submitted by 30 September, midnight